Going out for dinner is my favorite thing to do for date night, so I’m always looking for new places to add to our list of regular dining spots. Somehow, we always seem to come back to a few staples, one of them being Primo at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes.
Maybe it’s the delish Italian cuisine with ingredients sourced from local farms and the onsite organic garden, or maybe it’s the view of the gorgeous exhibition kitchen, which allows diners to watch the chefs in action, but eating at Primo is always a memorable experience.
I love pulling up to the valet at the JW Marriott (which is validated with your dinner bill), wandering through the luxurious lobby and looking out at the sprawling grounds.
The food is simple and seasonal, with lots of innovative flavors, and it's not too heavy or rich. My personal favorites include the Pan Roasted Florida Snapper and the Butter Poached Maine Lobster & Roasted Beet Ravioli. The wine list is long, the service is always top notch, and the desserts are always decadent… just how they should be.
Besides being a great place for dinner, Primo also hosts cooking classes as part of the JW Griffin Cooking School. Upcoming classes include:
• Saturday, July 14 – Pizza Making THIS WEEEKEND
• Saturday, August 4 – Sushiology
• Saturday, August 18 – Mixology
• Saturday, September 1 – Grilling Class
• Saturday, September 15 – Stocks & Sauces
• Saturday October 6 – Pickling & Preserving
• Saturday, October 20 – Moroccan & Turkish Cuisine
• Saturday, November 3 –Thanksgiving Throw Down
• Saturday, November 17 –Pies
• Saturday, December 8 –Seasonal Cakes
For more detailed information, check out the Cooking School Schedule.
Whether you're looking for a special occasion spot or just a date night dinner that’s guaranteed to please, Primo is a place I would highly recommend.
By the way, you should follow GDO on ODNG.