The Audubon Park Garden District’s Sixth Annual Bastille Day Celebration returns to Orlando Saturday July 12 from 6 to 10 pm with a slew of free activities festivities to honor this French national holiday.
- Marie Antoinette signing autographs, plus a guillotine photo op
- Mini French-themed art show
- Showings of the Totally Not French But Stylishly French-like move Charade starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant
- Petanque demonstrations by the Oh La La Petanque Club
- Baguette fencing courtesy of Olde Hearth Bread Company
- Free chair massages and giveaways courtesy of Warrior One Power Yoga (7 to 9 pm)
- Croquet on the lawn
- Pin the Hat on Napoleon
The celebration will also feature a French-inspired open air market featuring a Tres Chic Vintage Tent with offerings from Bamapana Vintage Men’s Clothing, Caricature Art and More by Maria Bolton-Joubert, Lady Day Vintage, Retromended Vintage, and Whisk and Bowl.
Around the corner from these activities Bikes, Beans and Bordeaux Cafe (3022 Corrine Drive) will have live music, great French wines, craft beer on tap, as well as their famous, available just once a year Baked Brie with Fresh Berries.
Planners will be accepting canned good donations for Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida so raid your pantry prior to arrival.
In addition to all of the above, Saturday’s festivities will also feature a ticketed event: APGD’s Third Annual Artisan Cheese and Wine Pairing. Running from 5 to 7 pm, this event pairs five select artisanal cheeses with five French wines and even includes a mini chocolate Eiffel Tower for dessert. This ticketed tasting is $30 per person in advance, $25 for APGD members, and is a fundraiser for APGD. Read more about the Artisan Cheese and Wine Pairing here.
Follow all event parking signs, although the most convenient parking will be across from the venue at 1603 East Winter Park Road. Check out the parking map here.
Email [email protected] with questions.