UPDATED FOR 2016
Waldorf Astoria Orlando has again brought back its annual summer-long celebration, Enchanted Evenings, running weekends from May 27 through September 4, 2016. Save up to 25% off overnight plus take part in a slew of day and night activities and experiences that make this an ideal staycation idea for couples. Here's a taste of what's on deck:
- Complimentary champagne Check-In (Fridays, 3-6pm)
- Tapas Al Fresco – Music, Fun and Afternoon Dining (Saturdays, 1-4 pm) Families can celebrate the summer season and dine al fresco during Tapas Al Fresco every Saturday at Aquamarine, where chefs will create Mediterranean dishes such as shawarma and house-made naan bread. Specialty wines will be available. (extra fee)
- Fireside s'mores (Fridays, 8:30-10pm)
- Build Your Own Poolside Cocktail (Sundays, 11 am-2 pm) While lounging poolside, guests can enjoy a Bellini or Mimosa mixed to their liking by Aquamarine pool attendants.
- Cocktail Creations at Peacock Alley (Saturdays, 4:30-5:30pm) Muddle, mix and sample! Guests partake in an interactive experience creating their very own refreshing summer cocktails.
- Bar du Chocolat (Select Fridays and Saturdays, 6:30-10:30pm) A decadent selection of à la carte chocolate treats hand-crafted by Waldorf Astoria Orlando’s world-class pastry team. A selection of champagnes are available. Highlights include chocolate truffles, exotic chocolate cakes and bowls of beautiful bon-bons.Priced per piece.
- Poolside Yoga (Saturdays and Sundays, 8-9am) Guests of all skill levels are welcome to join the one-hour morning poolside yoga class. Cost for the class is $15 per person, which includes yoga mat.
- Evening Entertainment at Peacock Alley (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, 6-10pm)
- Spa Happy Hour (Fridays and Saturdays, 6-8pm) Guests may extend the bliss of a spa treatment as they wind down with complimentary champagne and chocolate in the Waldorf Astoria Spa lounge. (extra fee)
Have Kids… Will Still Travel
Bringing the kiddos? No problem. Waldorf Astoria has a ton of fun festivities planned PLUS lots of opportunities for mom and dad “us time.”
On Fridays and Saturdays from 6-10pm, the hotel features Kids Club Astoria After Dark: Kids Night Out when parents can take a break while kids enjoy an evening of scavenger hunts, crafts, bingo, make-your-own pizza dinner, S’mores and more.
Cost is $75 for one child and $25 per each additional child registered in the same or adjoining room. A $50 discount will be applied to the Kids Club program fee for guests of Waldorf Astoria Spa or Bull & Bear. Reservations are required by 3pm, and may be made through the Concierge by calling 407-597-5500.
Other weekend kids' activities include:
- Scavenger Hunt (Fridays, 4pm) Children and parents alike will enjoy searching the resort grounds on a scavenger hunt..
- Weird Science Ice Cream Social (Fridays, 4-6pm) with the hotel’s mad scientist who will create the most magical ice cream in front of their eyes using liquid nitrogen. (extra fee)
- Drone Maze Obstacle Course (Saturdays, 5-7pm)
- Royal Tea (Sundays, 2-4 pm) Savor tea sandwiches and house-made pastries while sipping premium hot tea and listening to live piano music. Reservations are required 24-hours in advance. (extra fee)
Specialty Weekend Celebrations
Bonnet Creek will present a private fireworks display for resort guests at 9:30pm on Saturday, May 28 and Saturday, July 2.
For more information, visit www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/enchanted-evenings.