This is right around the time each year when the heat of summer starts to get old… really old! Let’s be honest, summer and fall in Orlando is really only bearable when you’re floating around a swimming pool with a frosty drink in one hand.
Lucky for us locals, scores of Orlando hotels feel our pain and have created staycation packages designed to tempt us to take a break from our busy, sweaty lives. Here are a handful of stellar packages to consider for a mini-getaway in the Orlando area:
Rosen Plaza’s Weekend Dinner & Dance Getaway
This all-inclusive package is packed with perks and the hotel’s central location makes it a seamless trip. Here is what’s included:
- Deluxe accommodations for two for one night, including taxes
- Complimentary valet parking
- Dinner from the 3-course menu for two guests at Jack’s Place (alcohol not included)
- Complimentary entrance and two well drinks at Club 39
- Full American breakfast buffet the next morning at Café Matisse
- Free Wi-Fi in guestrooms and public areas of the hotel
- No resort fees
$229 (all inclusive). Available through 12/26/15
For more information, visit www.rosenplaza.com/weekend-dinner-dance-getaway.
Free 2nd Night at Rosen Shingle Creek
Enjoy some rest and relaxation this Labor Day! When you book one night at $149 plus tax you'll receive the second night free! You’ll also receive:
- 25% discount on green fees at Shingle Creek Golf Club and on services at The Spa at Shingle Creek
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guestrooms and public areas
- Complimentary self-parking
- No resort fee
- Option to upgrade to a one bedroom suite for an additional $50.00 per night, plus tax.
Visit www.rosenshinglecreek.com/specials/leisure-packages/ for more details.
Grande Lakes for Labor Day
Even luxury rates cool down as temperatures heat up in Florida. Spend the weekend celebrating Labor Day at The Ritz-Carlton where rates are currently $199/night and include a $25 resort credit. In addition, Labor Day weekend rates at the JW Marriott, also at Grande Lakes, are $161/night and include a $25 resort credit. Package is based on availability and rates are subject to change.
For more information, visit www.grandelakes.com/Orlando-Vacation-Packages-115.html.
Walt Disney World Hotels
Enjoy late-summer Fl Resident rates at select Disney resort hotels August 16 through October 3, 2015. Here are the details:
Disney's Pop Century Resort
From $84 per night, plus tax, Sun – Thur
From $99 per night, plus tax, Sat & Sun
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
From $129 per night, plus tax, Sun – Thur
From $145 per night, plus tax, Sat & Sun
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
From $269 per night, plus tax, Sun – Thur
From $299 per night, plus tax, Sat & Sun
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
From $245 per night, plus tax, Sun – Thur
From $245 per night, plus tax, Sat & Sun
More details here: disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/late-summer-florida-resident-room/.
Staycation Savings at Hyatt Regency Orlando
Enjoy rates from $119 per night on weekends plus free self-parking at this terrific International Drive hotel through September 7, 2015. Staying on a Friday? Be sure to dine at Fiorenzo’s where (until Aug 30) couples receive a free bottle of Robert Mondavi wine with two entrée purchases.
The hotel also just announced the Daily Wine Down, which offers $7 wines by the glass at all its restaurants and bars plus signature small bites available at Rocks, Urban Tide and Fiorenzo Italian Steakhouse. The bites include $3 Shrimp Shooters and $1.25 Oysters at Urban Tide, $1.5 Fried Ravioli at Fiorenzo Italian Steakhouse and $3 Kobe Beef Sliders at Rocks. This promo begins Monday, August 17 and continues daily from 5 to 7 p.m., weekends included.
Click here to book the $119 overnight rate and use offer code is SAVEFL.
Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate: Sparks Fly Labor Day Weekend Celebration
Couples are invited to celebrate the long Labor Day weekend with festivities, fireworks and food at Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate for their inaugural “Sparks Fly Labor Day Weekend” celebration.
The highly-anticipated party includes:
- All-American BBQ cookout
- Lawn concerts on 1200-acre backyard
- Poolside games and fun
- Grand fireworks display illuminating the night, overlooking the Greg Norman-designed International and National golf courses
- Non-resort guest access to the fireworks show
For the ultimate big bang experience, a limited number of villas with private oversized patios and premier guestrooms with balconies are available starting at $199.20 per night (minimum night stay is required) and offer panoramic views of the fireworks show.
All resort guests will enjoy reserved front-row seating for the fireworks and a full weekend of games, activities and entertainment. Non-resort guests can also enjoy the fireworks display with a small $10 parking fee, allowing access to a designated fireworks viewing area, and can purchase advance tickets to the BBQ buffet starting at 7 pm on September 5.
For more information on the “Sparks Fly Labor Day Weekend” celebration call (407) 390-6664 and visit www.omnihotels.com/hotels/orlando-championsgate/things-to-do/resort-activities/labor-day.
72-Hour Flash Sale at Gaylord Palms Hotels
One of our favorite Orlando-area hotels will kick off a 72-hour flash sale on Monday, August 17 at 6pm through Thursday, August 20 at 6pm. The sale will feature rates starting at $109 on select nights from August 17 through Sept. 30, 2015
Click here for more details and remember that the special rate will NOT be available until the promotional window opens on Monday, August 17 at 6pm.
Enchanted Evenings at Waldorf Astoria Orlando Through Sept. 6
Waldorf Astoria Orlando‘s annual summer-long celebration, Enchanted Evenings, continues now through September 6, 2015. Overnight rates as low as $199 plus a slew of day and night activities and experiences make this an ideal staycation idea for couples. Here's a taste of what's offered:
- Complimentary champagne Check-In (Fridays, 3-6pm)
- Bagpiper at Sunset (Fridays, 8pm) followed by nightly activities by Aquamarine.
- Southern Nights – Music, Fun and Dining at Sunset (Saturdays, 6-8pm) Guests may attend Southern Nights every Saturday at Aquamarine to celebrate the season with traditional summer fare, ice cream station, local beer pairings and poolside entertainment. (extra fee)
- Cocktail Creations at Peacock Alley (Saturdays, 4:30-5:30pm) Muddle, mix and sample! Guests partake in an interactive experience creating their very own refreshing summer cocktails.
- Bar du Chocolat (Fridays and Saturdays, 6:30-10:30pm) Guests may enjoy nearly 30 à la carte chocolate treats hand-crafted by Waldorf Astoria Orlando’s world-class pastry team. Highlights include chocolate truffles, exotic chocolate cakes and bowls of beautiful bon-bons. Priced per piece.
- Poolside Yoga (Saturdays and Sundays, 8-9am) Guests of all skill levels are welcome to join the one-hour morning poolside yoga class. Cost for the class is $15 per person, which includes yoga mat.
- Evening Entertainment at Peacock Alley (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, 6-10pm)
- Spa Happy Hour (Fridays and Saturdays, 6-8pm) Guests may extend the bliss of a spa treatment as they wind down with complimentary champagne and chocolate in the Waldorf Astoria Spa lounge. (extra fee)
For more information, visit www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/enchanted-evenings.
Couples Weeks at Four Seasons Resort Orlando
In celebration of its first birthday, Four Seasons Resort Orlando recently unveiled new couples’ packages and dedicated adult-only offerings. Couples Weeks will feature added offerings, including twice-weekly mixology classes so couples can “shake and stir” things up, as well as “Dinner & a Movie” nights.
Every Friday night throughout the select Couples Weeks, the “Starstruck Screen” at the Explorer Pool will feature romantic comedies and the option of ordering poolside dinner.
Special dinner stations will be offered with alternating themes, including a sushi station, tartare bar, grilled flatbreads on the Big Green Egg, charcuterie, and sweet and savory crepes.
Also, The Oasis adult-only pool for guests ages 21 and older will offer extra complimentary amenities, such as infused fruits, each afternoon.
The Couples Stay and Play package includes a guestroom on a couples-only floor, two welcome cocktails, a guaranteed late check out of 2:00 pm to enjoy extra time to sleep in and unlimited in-room movies, plus the couples’ choice of a 50-minute Spa treatment for two, a golf lesson for two, or a tennis lesson for two.
Weekends have been themed in the following:
- The Foodie Couple
- The Yogis/Spa-Goers
- The Outdoors Enthusiasts
- The “Pajamas All Day” Couple
- The Disney Couple
From $499/night. Two-night minimum required.
For more details, visit www.fourseasons.com/orlando/offers/couples_stay_and_play/.
Couples Weeks will be offered from August 17, 2015 throughout the month of September, as well as December 1-17, 2015. Additional Couples Weeks dates will be announced. For reservations, call 800-267-3046.
Feature image courtesy of Four Seasons Resort Orlando.
So, where is the place in the main picture where the couple is floating down a lazy river?
It’s at the Four Seasons