*UPDATED FOR 2019*
By Erica Thomas
There’s no need to travel far to relax and unwind during the long weekend. Why not stay close to home and enjoy some affordable fun? Take your pick from these Memorial Day Weekend Orlando getaways for a staycation to kick off summer!
8701 World Center Drive, Orlando
The ‘Holiday Fireworks’ package includes:
• Rates from $259/ night plus tax and gratuity for stays from May 24 – 27
• Upgraded pool view accommodations with premium vistas of the resort firework show
• $25 daily resort credit
• Use promo code HO9 when booking
Call 800-228-9290 for details and reservations
6000 W Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee
Gaylord Palms Resort's annual SummerFest returns for the summer this Memorial Day weekend! This summer-long fete will feature a surf show, dive-in movies over the pool's big screen, lawn games, scavenger hunts and seasonal treatments at the Relâche Spa.
The SummerFest package includes:
• Rates from $143/night
• Room accommodations at Gaylord Palms Resort
• One (1) Scavenger Hunt Booklet
• $25 Daily Resort Credit (applicable to restaurants, in-room dining, Cabana rental or spa services)
• Two (2) drink Tumblers including unlimited soda refills during your stay
SummerFest takes place May 24 – August 11, 2019. For a complete schedule of activities and to book a SummerFest getaway, visit www.GaylordPalms.com/SummerFest or call 407-586-0000.
1500 Masters Boulevard, ChampionsGate
The ‘Summer Stay & Save’ package includes:
• Luxurious Resort Accommodations
• 10% off one night stay
• 15% off two-night stay
• 20% off three-night stay or longer
• Resort activities include: weekend splash parties and dive-in movies, surrey bike rentals, cooking and mixology demonstrations, golf clinics, and fireworks shows.
Call 407-390-6664 for details and reservations.
7593 Gathering Drive, Kissimmee
The ‘Staycation Romance package includes:
• Grande Villa accommodations
• $100 nightly credit for food and beverage
• 1pm late checkout
• 20% off golf tee times and spa services
• Nightly Disney fireworks show viewed from Reunion’s rooftop restaurant, Eleven
• Memorial Day weekend festivities including: pool party and cookout, patriotic footgolf challenge, water park activities, spa specials, and more.
Call 866-880-8563 for details and reservations.
14100 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane, Orlando
Every weekend starting Memorial Day weekend enjoy the “Summer Blast” activities which include: Spa “Happy Hour,” Dive-In Movies, poolside parties, and more. Rates from $213/night. Florida Resident offer available.
Call 407-597-3600 for details and reservations.
14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane, Orlando
Starting Memorial Day weekend enjoy Summerblast at Waldorf Astoria Orlando. Some of the events planned include: complimentary champagne, fireside s'mores, live entertainment, poolside activities, and a private fireworks show for guests. The Florida Resident offer includes 12% off the best available rate.
Call 407-597-5500 for details and reservations.
6001 Destination Pkwy, Orlando
A recreational haven all its own, the property boasts its own lazy river, zero-entry pools, fire pits (complete with s’mores kits), water slides, quiet adult pools, a revitalizing spa, and seven creative dining options. Florida residents can take advantage of the hotel’s Florida Residents Offer which includes up to 5% off the best available rate. Use code “RPFLR4” at time of booking or request the Florida Resident package. Also check out the Long Weekender deal, where guests save up to 40% on Sunday night.
The Bed & Breakfast package includes:
- Overnight accommodation
- Breakfast for two adults per day
- Children five-and-under eat free
Call 407-313-4300 for details and reservations.
300 E New England Ave, Winter Park
The Adventures in the Park package includes:
• Two night stay in a Classic Room
• Two Boat Tour Tickets
• Two Bicycle Rentals
• Two Tickets to Albin Polasek Museum & Gardens
• Two Gourmet Box Lunches
• Rates from $259/night plus tax and gratuity
The Night at the Museum package includes:
• Two night stay in a Classic Room
• Two art-inspired cocktails in the Lounge
• Winter Park Museum Passes (Entrance to the Cornell Fine Arts Museum, the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art and the Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Garden)
• A self-guided tour of the current art installation at The Alfond Inn
• Amenities include: upstairs swimming pool, onsite art collection, Hamilton's Kitchen, and location within walking distance of Park Ave
• Rates from $239/night plus tax and gratuity
4012 Central Florida Pkwy, Orlando
Enjoy a relaxing weekend poolside at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. Memorial Day Weekend activities include daily kids activities, fireworks over Grande Lake at 9pm on May 26, Memorial Day celebrations at Highball & Harvest, Citron and PRIMO, and more.
The Reconnect package includes:
- Overnight Accommodations
- Breakfast Buffet for Two. Kids eat free.
- Valet Parking
- $50 resort credit nightly for Executive Suites*
- $25 resort credit nightly for Deluxe Rooms*
- Rates from $399/night, plus tax and gratuity
Call 407-206-2400 for details and reservations.
4040 Central Florida Pkwy
This resort features plenty of opportunities for a relaxing getaway with a lazy river, family games, arts & crafts, water slide, live entertainment and drink specials. Catch the resort fireworks from the terrace at PRIMO, and enjoy countless Memorial Day weekend activities There will be a fireworks show on May 26, 2019 for resort guests.
The Resort Package includes:
- Deluxe accommodations
- Breakfast for two
- Up to $25 nightly resort credit
- Self parking
- Rates from $289/night, plus tax and gratuity
Call 407-206-2300 for details and reservations.
OUTSIDE OF ORLANDO
Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach
918 N Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach
Celebrate Memorial Day weekend lazing on the beach at the stylish beachfront Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach. Happenings include live entertainment all weekend long including performances by The Tobacco Rd Band, Dave Alexander, Trae Pierce and the T-Stones, and DJ Frankie Cutlass. Florida residents can enjoy a special offer including daily breakfast for two ($40 value per day) and a 10% discount on room rates.
The Naughty & Nice Romance package includes:
- Breakfast in Bed ($50.00 restaurant credit per room/per day for room service or dining room)
- Couples Massage ($270 Rock Spa® credit, gratuity not included)
- Bottle of Champagne & Welcome Amenity
- Late Checkout
- Room to Play…and Sleep
Opal Sands Resort Clearwater Beach
430 S Gulfview Blvd, Clearwater Beach
Spend a weekend beachfront at this Clearwater Beach resort. Florida Residents can save up to 25% off on stays this spring and summer. Call 855-335-1087 for details and to book. Valid Florida ID required upon check-in.
1500 Reynolds St, Key West
Sitting on the largest private beach in Key West, families at Casa Marina can enjoy the Family Fun package featuring breakfast for four at the oceanfront Sun Sun restaurant and high-speed Wi-Fi with rates starting at $469. You can also opt for the Long Weekender package, which will save you up to 50% on Sunday if you stay Friday and Saturday! Call 305-296-3535 for details and reservations.
W Fort Lauderdale
401 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
The Vacation Like A VIP Package includes a room upgrade (when available); a $100 resort credit for use at restaurants, spa, pool/beach; complimentary valet parking; a Summer Savings card; and a special gift provided by the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau! Use promo code ARN or call 1-800-228-9290 for details and reservations. Rates start at $359/night and the offer is available through May 29, so be sure to book soon!