This week, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort announced the musical lineup and interactive seminar offerings for its ninth annual Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic on October 26-28, 2018.
Boasting unlimited tastings at more than 70 stations featuring culinary selections from the hotel’s award-winning restaurants and wine from more than 30 wineries, this annual foodie fete is set amidst a festive backdrop of live entertainment on the hotel’s scenic causeway under the stars.
New to the event this year is The Pig and the Poke, a luau-themed area serving Kalua pork, tuna poke and shaved ice. Upgraded ticket options allow guests to enjoy access to a beer garden featuring a wide selection of craft beers and Oktoberfest-inspired cuisine. The evening causeway event runs from 5:30pm – 9:00pm on October 26 and October 27 and the Sunday Bubbles Brunch take places on October 28.
A big fan favorite of Food & Wine Classic is the event’s popular educational seminars, which give guests a chance to learn from the resort’s award-winning food and beverage team in an interactive setting.
The 2018 seminar lineup includes:
Fine Art of Sushi and Sake
The Cheese Course
Base to Bubbles (Champagne)
Riesling, So Sweet & So Dry
The Grand Tasting presented by Master Sommelier Matthew Citriglia (sold out)
Seminars will take place on Friday, October 26 and Saturday, October 27. Beverage seminar tickets are $50 per person, while pairing seminar tickets are $85, including tax. Specific dates and times of each seminar are available on the event website.
For the first time, the event will be expanding its live entertainment offerings beyond the main stage and into several of its themed areas. New musical performers will add to the immersive environments of three of the themed sections, each selected to perfectly match the unique tastes and décor of the area.
The acts making their festival debuts this year include:
- Manureva, a family group, will perform authentic songs and melodies from Polynesia in the new luau-themed area, The Pig & The Poke
- Vintage Vibe, a group of renegade musicians who reimagine songs from a variety of genres into the smooth, lavish sounds of the 1920s and ‘30s, will be in the Bubble Lounge
- Singer-guitarist-songwriter Harry “Captain Henry” Hann will play a blend of rock, soul, jazz and reggae – a style he calls Floribbean – in the Beer Garden
Returning to the Dolphin clamshell fountain main stage for both nights are festival favorites:
- Epic, performing today’s best dance, pop and party rock music
- 501 Blues, playing the top blues, soul and classic rock hits from the past 40 years
- Atlantic City Boys, featuring the rock ‘n’ roll harmonies of the Beach Boys, Drifters, the BeeGees and Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
TICKETS & DETAILS
More information and tickets for the causeway, seminars, Sunday Bubbles Brunch and overnight packages can be found at www.SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com, www.facebook.com/swananddolphin or by calling 1-800-227-1500.
Comments are closed.