We know what you’re thinking, and no, you don’t have to invite your friends on this double date. Instead, we’re breaking you out of the traditional dinner date to bring you some meal deal and activity pairings for your “double date.” When the conversation’s going great and you want to shake up the date, try these great restaurants and fun outings.
Southern Cuisine + Burlesque
Located in Thornton Park, Soco specializes in Southern cuisine with a different special every day of the week.
- Monday: 1/2 off bottles of wine
- Tuesday: Southern style Taco Tuesdays for $18
- Wednesday: $10 wing night
- Thursday: $18 TV Dinners
- Fridays: Burger and Bourbon for $19
- Saturdays: Shrimp and Grits for $20
- Sundays: Soco Sundays
Make it a progressive date by sipping drinks and sharing apps at a local happy hour, including Jinya Ramen Bar, Menagerie, or The Stubborn Mule.
Within walking distance of Soco Thornton Park, the 1960's glam Stardust Lounge offers PEEK-A-BOO Burlesque, a unique experience every third Wednesday of the month. Referred to as the “Mother of Burlesque,” Blue Star hosts the show, selling out most nights.
Also located in Thornton Park, Cherry Bomb Burlesque is a new burlesque series held monthly at The Abbey.
Golf Greats + Ice Skates
Sam Snead’s Oak Grill and Tavern in Maitland honors the golf great, nicknamed “Slammin’ Sammy,” with memorabilia and rich wood decor. The Snead Family personally picks and places each piece of golf memorabilia in each tavern to create a welcoming, authentic atmosphere.
Sam’s Par 3 Saturdays (4-8pm) include a three-course meal for $21/person. Pick one item from each course listed below:
- Crispy Shrimp
- Deep Fried Niblicks
- Soup of the Day
- Individual Tomato Basil Flat Bread
AROUND THE GREENS
- House Salad
- Chilled Iceberg Wedge
- Caesar Salad
- Soup of the Day
- Faroe Island Salmon with Citrus Soy Glaze
- Baby Back Pork Ribs
- Roasted Prime Rib “while it lasts”
- Chicken Maderia
- Santa Reeta Chicken
RDV Sportsplex Ice Den
After dinner, enjoy cold weather and ice skating at RDV Ice Den. The venue has one NHL-sized ice rink and one Olympic-sized ice rink for serious skaters.
The Ice Den offers a variety of activities from public ice skating to skate lessons, skate and shoot hockey, and drop-in hockey games. Regular ice skating sessions are $12.50, which include a skate rental. Admission for Friday and Saturday night (7:00-9:45pm) skate sessions is $15.50, including skate rental.
Hamburgers + Local Laughs
Keeping the night light and airy, Hamburger Mary's is a local staple in Downtown Orlando sure to give you and your date some good laughs.
Hamburger Mary's Specials + Events
- Twisted Sisters Bingo – Tuesdays
- BOGO Thursdays – buy one, get one burger free deal, plus $3 Long Island iced teas all day
- Dining with the Divas Fridays – Female impersonations
- Cabaret Dinner Show – Saturdays
Stay for the shows at Hamburger Mary's for this double date, or walk down to SAK Comedy Lab on Orange Ave. SAK has shows nearly every night of the week from Tuesday – Saturday.
Wine Bar + Improv
Owned by husband and wife duo Paula and Fabio, VINIA Wine Bar is a cozy wine bar and eatery in Winter Park's Hannibal Square. Weekly specials include a food and wine happy hour Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 5-7pm and Thursdays all night (through the end of May).
VINIA Wine Bar Specials
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 5-7pm, and Thursdays all night (through May)
- $5 select glasses of wine
- $2 off sparkling wine and beer
- Two food items and dessert for $22
Dubbed Orlando's only alternative improv comedy theater, AdLib Theatre hosts and teaches improv classes. If you're ready to be put on the spot with your date, drop-in classes are held throughout the month with one-day classes and deep dive classes lasting two to three hours. If you're a beginner, try the free monthly drop-in class held on the last Monday of each month. If you'd rather sit back and enjoy the show, check out Saturday Nights @ AdLibs.
Fly and Dine
I-Drive’s ICON Park continues to evolve, offering a date night dinner deal to watch the city lights from The Wheel and grab a bite to eat at one of nine nearby restaurants.
The Fly and Dine package is currently available with the following options:
- Fast-casual dining – $36.99 per person
- One ticket to The Wheel
- One meal, including an entrée, choice of drink or fries, and a dessert
- Restaurants include a variety of options: Sausage Shack, Shake Shack, Latin 21 Street Food, iCafe de Paris, and 1905 Pizza & Pasta
- Full-service dining – $45 per person (Reservations recommended!)
- One ticket to The Wheel
- One meal, including an appetizer, entrée, and a dessert
- Restaurants options: Sugar Factory, Tapa Toro, Grill I-Drive, and UNO Pizzeria and Grill
- Flight Upgrade – $4.99 per person
- Enjoy an adult beverage with an upgraded flight
Authentic Chinese Cuisine + Bowling
Known for its authentic Chinese and Dim Sum cuisine, Yummy House Orlando in Altamonte Springs serves a variety of lunch specials. The main plates range from chicken to seafood, veggies and noodles, rice and lo mein, balancing the best of both worlds as both a healthy and filling meal.
Yummy House Orlando specials:
All Yummy House lunch specials include jasmine rice served with soda or tea ranging from $6.99 – $8.99. The lunch special is available on weekdays only.
- $6.99 Lunch Specials: Almond Chicken, Hunan Beef, Shrimp with Mixed Vegetable, Broccoli Beef, Mixed Vegetable with Garlic, Mongolian Beef, Garlic Grouper, Vegetable Lo Mein, Sweet and Sour Chicken
- $7.99 Lunch Specials: Honey Walnut Chicken, Spicy Yummy Combo, Bistro Lo Mein, Hot & Sour Seafood Noodle Soup, Bistro Fried Rice
- $8.99 Lunch Special: Basil Scallop and Shrimp
After lunch, get ready to hit the lanes and throw your best strike ball at AMF Altamonte Lanes. The bowling alley offers tons of specials, so you can choose what day works best to plan your double date. Extend your date with a stroll around Cranes Roost Park or see a flick for $1.75 at Picture Show at Altamonte Springs.
AMF Altamonte Lanes Specials:
- Sunday Funday: $2.64 games after 8 p.m., shoes are not included,
- Monday Mayhem: $12.74 unlimited bowling per person, shoes are included, food and drink specials starting at 8 p.m.
- $2.22 Tuesdays: $2.22 games, $2.22 tacos, and $2.22 Tall Boys and Long Island Iced Teas starting at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday Late Night: $7.39 unlimited bowling per person, $5 flatbreads, $3 domestic bottles starting at 9 p.m.
- After Party Fridays: $11.39 unlimited bowling per person.
For more dedicated bowlers, think about purchasing Summer Games passes, valid at Altamonte Lanes AMF Mon – Thurs from open – 8 p.m., and Fri – Sun from open – 6 p.m. Purchase a pass to play 3 games every day, plus shoes, valid from May 20 to September 2 for $49.95. Or, upgrade to a Summer Games passport for $58.95 to use the pass at all participating locations.
Blues, BBQ, and a Balloon
Disney Springs can be expensive, but grabbing a bite to eat at House of Blues (HOB) Restaurant & Bar is quite affordable.
Happy hour includes a limited food and drink menu of sides, samplers, flatbreads, and more paired with beer, wines, and cocktails. Happy hour is available every day from 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the bar.
If you’re looking for a larger meal, stop by The Smokehouse, a quick-serve window at HOB with ribs, turkey legs, sandwiches and sides for less than $14 each.
There's almost always live music happening at HOB, so keep an eye out for larger concerts and intimate patio performances.
Characters in Flight Balloon
Once you’ve devoured your BBQ dinner, take a romantic tour of Lake Buena Vista from 400 feet up in the air. This tethered balloon was custom-built by a Paris-based company just for Disney. Snag the ride for two Groupon for $23, or save $2 on each ticket. The Characters in Flight balloon ride is open from 8:30 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Disclosure: RDV Ice Den, Vinia Wine Bar, and ICON Park are some of our valued advertising partners.
Feature image credit: Tapa Toro
Comments are closed.