Update 9/23/2020: Magical Dining has been extended to October 31, 2020! We’ve updated the original article to reflect this.
We look forward to the month of August each year, which always kicks off Visit Orlando’s multi-week Magical Dining program. This annual celebration of Orlando eateries features dozens of restaurants offering date nighters a three-course, prix fixe menu for just $35/person.
The deliciousness kicks off on Friday, August 28, 2020 and continues through Saturday, October 31, 2020 (extended from October 4). Indulge at over 50 participating local restaurants, with many adapting to offer this special deal for takeout. Each restaurant page indicates available dining options (dine-in, takeout, delivery) as well as whether or not outdoor seating is available.
Participating eateries span five main districts including Winter Park, Restaurant Row, Downtown and even all the way to Disney. As an added bonus, $1 from each meal will be donated to Feed the Need Florida.
DATE NIGHT HIGHLIGHTS
Participating restaurants sprawl from the I-Drive and Restaurant Row areas to Winter Park, Lake Mary and beyond. Here are a few of our top picks for date night:
- Tapa Toro: Menu highlights include paella, churros, empanadas and more! Dine-in, takeout and limited outdoor seating.
- Menagerie Eatery & Bar: Menu highlights include donut bread pudding, squash & bacon fritters and more. Dine-in, takeout and outdoor seating.
- Umi Winter Park: Menu highlights include the Lemon Kiss, Bulgogi and a ginger Asian pear creme brûlée. Dine-in, takeout and outdoor seating.
- Hamilton’s Kitchen: Menu highlights include Florida grouper and risotto, fresh Florida key lime mousse and more. Dine-in, takeout and outdoor seating.
- Bella Tuscany Italian Restaurant: Menu highlights include truffle risotto bites, lamb shank and tiramisu. Dine-in only with outdoor seating available.
- The Strand: Menu highlights include all of the desserts (so so good!), grilled peach salad, and grilled octopus. Dine-in and takeout.
- The Ravenous Pig: Menu highlights include the Southern board and short rib, plus a handful of add-on enhancements like wine pairing and shaved truffle. Dine-in and takeout.
- The Melting Pot Orlando: Menu highlights include all of the fondue options, a charcuterie board add-on, and the steak lovers main course. Dine-in only.
- Boheme Restaurant: Menu highlights include a hearty beef tenderloin and black bee honey cheesecake. Dine-in only.
Visit the Magical Dining website to check out all of the participating restaurants and menus.
As an added bonus, $1 from every meal is donated to a deserving local charity. Past charities have included the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Greater Orlando, Lighthouse Central Florida, Best Buddies of Central Florida and more. This year’s selected charity is Feed the Need Florida.
Feed the Need Florida is feeding those who are struggling to access food during the COVID-19 crisis. Since the program launched in late March, over 1 million meals have been served, and funds raised through Magical Dining will help feed thousands more. The effort is led by Orlando nonprofit 4Roots, plus public and private partners, to support Florida farmers, preserve and create jobs, and prepare nutritious meals to be served throughout Central Florida.
Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining begins Friday, August 28, 2020 and continues through Saturday, October 31, 2020.
Over 50 participating local restaurants, each offering a three-course, prix fixe dinner menu for just $35 per person. Takeout options available at select restaurants.
For more information, go to OrlandoMagicalDining.com.
Feature image courtesy of Visit Orlando