UPDATE: Magical Dining has been extended through October 17, 2021.
We look forward to the month of August each year, which always kicks off Visit Orlando's multi-week Magical Dining program. This annual celebration of Orlando eateries features dozens of restaurants offering date nighters a three-course, prix fixe menu for just $37/person.
The deliciousness begins on Friday, August 27, 2021 and continues through Sunday, October 17, 2021. This year, diners can indulge at over 80 participating local restaurants, with many offering a takeout option again this year.
Participating eateries span six main districts including Winter Park, Restaurant Row, Downtown and even all the way to Disney. As an added bonus, $1 from each meal will be donated to Pathlight HOME and IDignity.
NEW ADDITIONS TO MAGICAL DINING FOR 2021
Exclusive Overnight Staycation Deals
Use Magical Dining as an excuse to treat yourself to a romantic overnight staycation this year. New for 2021 is Visit Orlando's Magical Nights, offering locals exclusive hotel and resort offers to extend the dining experience at participating hotel restaurants.
Here are a few of our favorite options:
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort – up to 30% off an overnight stay; pair with dinner at Il Mulino New York Trattoria or Todd English's bluezoo
- Caribe Royale Orlando: One bedroom suite, Magical Dining Dinner for two at The Venetian Chop House, and complimentary parking for $259
- Rosen Plaza Hotel: Special package including overnight stay, Magical Dining menu at Jack's Place for two (alcohol not included), and breakfast buffet for two
New Chef's Creation
Magical Dining typically includes dishes that are already on the participating restaurant's regular menu. However, this year chefs have the option to create an additional bonus option exclusive to the Magical Dining menu.
310 Lakeside, 310 Park South, Adega Gaucha, Aurora at the Celeste, Russell’s on Lake Ivanhoe and RusTeak at Thornton Park are all first-time participants this year.
MAGICAL DINING DATE NIGHT HIGHLIGHTS
Participating restaurants sprawl from the I-Drive/Convention and Restaurant Row areas to Winter Park, Disney and beyond. Here are a few of our top picks for date night:
- Tapa Toro – Nightly Flamenco dancing beginning at 7pm, plus upgrades like a Chef's Creation option and sangria + wine flights
- The Capital Grille – Visit this Pointe Orlando steakhouse on I-Drive prior to September 6 to combine Magical Dining with The Generous Pour
- The Ravenous Pig – Always a favorite each year! Lots of vegetarian and gluten-free menu options
- Boheme Restaurant – We're drooling over the dessert options like Nutella lava cake and blueberry lavender gelato
- Taverna Opa – Live belly dancing performances while you dine, plus we loved the cocktail flight upgrade ($16) sampled during a recent media preview dinner
- Umi Winter Park – Fresh sushi, fusion dishes and more
- VINIA Wine & Kitchen – One of our favorite wine bars and restaurants in Winter Park, wine flight upgrades for menu and dessert, live music on Thursdays
- The Strand – A Mills 50 favorite with fantastic desserts and seasonal fare
- Artisan's Table – Gluten free options for every course, plus a wine pairing upgrade for $20
Visit the Magical Dining website to check out all of the participating restaurants and menus.
$1 from every meal is donated to a deserving local charity. This year's selected charities are Pathlight HOME and IDignity, both of which help to combat homelessness in Central Florida.
With the mission to end homelessness, Pathlight HOME provides affordable housing and offers an employment resource center to help low-income and homeless individuals in Central Florida get back on their feet. IDignity assists disadvantaged Central Floridians in obtaining legal identification documents often required to access education, employment, housing, banking, social services, proper healthcare and numerous additional opportunities.
Orlando MAGICAL DINING DETAILS
Visit Orlando's Magical Dining begins Friday, August 27, 2021 and continues through Sunday, October 17, 2021.
Over 80 participating local restaurants, each offering a three-course, prix fixe dinner menu for just $37 per person. Takeout options are available at select restaurants.
For more information, go to MagicalDining.com.
Looking for more food-focused date night ideas? Try these:
- Orlando’s Most Romantic Restaurants
- 10 Best Places to Dine with Sunset Views in Orlando
- Best Rooftop Bars & Restaurants in Orlando
Feature image: Calla Bella, courtesy of Visit Orlando