Magical Dining is scheduled for Friday, August 26 – Sunday, October 2, 2022.
We look forward to the month of August each year, which always kicks off Visit Orlando's multi-week Magical Dining program. This annual celebration of Orlando eateries offers a three-course, prix fixe menu for just $40/person. For many diners, it is a way to experience a special restaurant that may not normally fit into their budget.
The deliciousness begins on Friday, August 26, 2022 and continues through Sunday, October 2, 2022. This year, diners can indulge at over 85 participating local restaurants – including lots of exciting new additions. Participating eateries span six main districts including Winter Park, Restaurant Row, Downtown and even all the way to Disney.
Please remember to request the special Visit Orlando's Magical Dining menu upon arrival at the restaurant. Also note that tax and gratuity are not included in the $40 per person.
$1 from every meal served will be donated to The Able Trust, which is helping to expand employment opportunities for people with disabilities in Central Florida. Visit Orlando will also be allocating a small percentage of funds to a local organization in each Orange County district that also supports this cause.
Full list of Magical Dining restaurants plus all the menus
NEW ADDITIONS TO MAGICAL DINING FOR 2022
The newest additions to Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining include:
- 7593 Chophouse
- Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine (four locations in Dr. Phillips, Lake Nona, Winter Garden and Winter Park)
- BoVine Steakhouse
- Cedar’s Restaurant
- La Boucherie
- The Hampton Social
- The Monroe
- The Wilson
- Turci Pasta
- Wa Sushi
Additionally, six restaurants were recently recognized by the MICHELIN Guide, including Four Flamingos – A Richard Blaise Florida Kitchen (a new addition to Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining), Kabooki Sushi (Milk District location), Maxine’s on Shine, The Ravenous Pig, The Strand Food & Drink, and Z Asian Vietnamese Kitchen (also a new addition).
Exclusive Overnight Staycation Deals
Use Magical Dining as an excuse to treat yourself to a romantic overnight staycation this year. Returning for 2022, Visit Orlando's Magical Nights, offering locals exclusive hotel and resort offers to extend the dining experience at participating hotel restaurants.
Here are a few of our favorite options:
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin: up to 30% off
- Caribe Royale Resort: $219 per night*, Magical Nights experience includes two (2) Magical Dining meals at the renowned, AAA Four Diamond Venetian Chop House, plus overnight accommodations in a newly redesigned one bedroom suite. *rate does not include taxes or daily resort fee.
- Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown: $40.00 F& B credit, and complimentary wi-fi
- Reunion Resort and Golf Club: discounted rates with code MAGICAL
- Lake Nona Wave Hotel: Florida Residents can save 15% on stays
- The Point Hotel and Suites on International Drive: Receive 25% off our best available rate in a Grand One Bedroom Suite along with a bottle of wine
MAGICAL DINING DATE NIGHT HIGHLIGHTS
Participating restaurants sprawl from the I-Drive/Convention and Restaurant Row areas to Winter Park, Disney and beyond.
Four Flamingos – A Richard Blais Florida Kitchen
Visit Orlando invited our Editor to Four Flamingos – A Richard Blais Florida Kitchen to enjoy their new Magical Dining offerings. Four Flamingos is one of the best picks for Magical Dining 2022 because of its value.
Here is what we ordered, and the regular price so you can see the incredible value. Remember that Magical Dining is three courses for $40 per person.
- Tuna Tostada – Appetizer (normally $23)
- Ham & Cheese Croquettas – Appetizer (normally $13)
- Florida Seafood Moqueca – Entree (normally $39)
- Filet Roulade – Entree (this is a special creation just for Magical Dining)
- Chocolate Marquis – Dessert (normally $12) (gluten-free)
- Cuban Espresso Panna Cotta – Dessert (normally $12)
My meal would have been $64. My husband's would have been $85. So you're looking at roughly half price when you order from the Magical Dining menu!
We did order the enhancement of a half-lobster for $30. Note that this is a half lobster, not just half a tail. My husband and I shared it between us.
This paired incredibly well with the Florida Seafood Moqueca. Plus it became a surf and turf enhancement to the Filet Roulade that my husband ordered.
More Magical Dining Favorites
Here are a few more of our top picks for date night:
- Reel Fish Coastal Kitchen – Celebrate the flavors of Florida and the south with Cedar Key Clams & Tasso Toast, Pompano Beach Swordfish, and more
- The Ravenous Pig – Always a favorite each year! Lots of vegetarian and gluten-free menu options
- Boheme Restaurant – We're drooling over the dessert options like Nutella lava cake and blueberry lavender gelato
- Taverna Opa – Live belly dancing performances while you dine, plus we loved the cocktail flight upgrade ($16) sampled during a media preview dinner last year
- Umi Winter Park – Fresh sushi, fusion dishes and more
- VINIA Wine & Kitchen – One of our favorite wine bars and restaurants in Winter Park, wine flight upgrades for menu and dessert, live music on Thursdays
- The Strand – A Mills 50 favorite with fantastic desserts and seasonal fare
- Artisan's Table – Gluten-free options, plus a wine pairing upgrade for $20
Unreserved Food Bazaar at JW Marriott Bonnet Creek
This station-style restaurant recently launched its highly anticipated dinner service led by Chef Peter Kunstek. It will offer a multicourse meal for $40 per person.
Standout menu items include house-made tagliatelle with fresh scallops, “Bonnet Creek Dragon Rolls” sushi, tender beef cheek ragout and a sweet-treat of dulce de leche molten cake. Vibrant European-style cocktails will accompany the meal, including sangria, cucumber spritzes and dill martinis using hyper-local herbs from the resort’s new JW Garden.
CHEF'S MAGICAL DINING CREATIONS
Returning for 2022, select restaurants are creating something truly special. Chef's Magical Dining Creations at select restaurants are unique items created just for Magical Dining that are not part of the regular menu.
$1 from every meal served will be donated to The Able Trust, which is helping to expand employment opportunities for people with disabilities in Central Florida. Visit Orlando will be allocating a percentage of funds to a local organization in each Orange County district that also supports this cause.
The Able Trust, also known as the Florida Endowment Foundation for Vocational Rehabilitation, is a 501(c)(3) public charity established by the Florida Legislature in 1990. It is a direct support organization for the Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. Its mission is to be a key leader in providing Floridians with disabilities opportunities for successful employment.
Orlando MAGICAL DINING DETAILS
Visit Orlando's Magical Dining begins Friday, August 26 – October 2, 2022.
Over 85 participating local restaurants, each offering a three-course, prix fixe dinner menu for just $40 per person. Takeout options are available at select restaurants.
For more information, go to MagicalDining.com.
Looking for more food-focused date night ideas? Try these:
- Orlando’s Most Romantic Restaurants
- 10 Best Places to Dine with Sunset Views in Orlando
- Best Rooftop Bars & Restaurants in Orlando
Feature image: Cala Bella at Rosen Shingle Creek, courtesy of Visit Orlando
Updated August 2022 by Dani Meyering
Comments are closed.