The most wonderful time of year can easily pass by without us pausing for a few moments. With so much to do during the holiday season in Orlando, it is important to make time for meaningful moments with the people we cherish the most.
Being in Orlando means we have access to tons of splendid holiday celebrations, including at Walt Disney World. Two of our favorite holiday traditions at Walt Disney World provide meaningful ways to connect.
Keep reading to learn about these two festive events, and why they should be on your date night list.
Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth
This simple and delightful holiday tradition is 100% FREE to enjoy! The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth is a free stroll among dazzling Christmas trees with Disney themes.
The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth brings elaborately decorated Disney Christmas trees to the neighborhoods throughout Disney Springs. They are full of details!
Whether you choose to stroll the entire span of Disney Springs, from West Side to the Marketplace, or just spend a little time in one or two neighborhoods, these Christmas trees are sure to delight you.
Top Tips for Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth
- Decide ahead of time if you want to explore all of Disney Springs or just one section
- Weekdays are the best time to avoid crowds
- Nights and weekends get very busy
- Decide if you will want to book a dining reservation or just grab a quick snack
- After you’ve spotted all 20 trees see if you can guess each other’s favorite
- Take a selfie together in front of each one
The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth is one of our favorite date ideas for something free to do during the holidays. Plus, it’s a fun way to get some healthful steps in while having a great time together.
Map and Guide
Make a festive date night challenge and work together to find all 20 trees! You can pick up a guide to the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth at the Welcome Center in the heart of Disney Springs.
As you find each tree, match the corresponding sticker to the location on the map. Once you’ve found all 20 trees, bring your map to one of the listed locations for a little surprise.
Additional guide pick-up locations include:
You can certainly enjoy the experience without using the guide. However, there are discounts, freebies, and other goodies at participating locations listed in the guide.
Disney Christmas Tree Themes
We don’t want to reveal all the delightful themes of the trees. After all, half the fun is discovering the whimsical trees together. As you come across each tree take a close look and point out your favorite ornaments and decorations with each other.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- The Lion King
- The Princess and the Frog
- Star Wars
- Toy Story
Be sure to pause and rest on your merry stroll. It’s such a busy time of year, so find a bench and relax for a little bit together, taking in the glow of the holiday season all around you.
EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth
Over at EPCOT, you can enjoy holiday traditions from around the world. The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth is spectacular.
November 25, 2022 through December 30, 2022, you can enjoy enthralling live entertainment, traditional decorations, storytellers sharing holiday traditions, and delicious holiday food and drinks. If you and your sweetheart love the holiday season, this festival absolutely needs to be on your list.
Must Do Experiences
Of all the Disney theme park celebrations during the holidays, the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth is our top pick for date night. The holiday traditions from around the world along with delicious festive food make for meaningful memories together.
- Holiday Storytellers from around the world
- Joyful! A Celebration of the Season musical performance
- Holiday Kitchens food and beverage booths, including favorite traditional recipes
- Candlelight Processional
Each World Showcase pavilion has a Holiday Storyteller, sharing the history and origin of international holiday traditions, in entertaining ways.
Sharing our favorite holiday traditions with the people we love can do wonders for our well-being. Learning about different cultures and traditions builds meaningful connections.
Not only is each Holiday Storyteller entertaining, but they also share their traditions in such a way that can't help but inspire a feeling of joy.
Each performance lasts about fifteen minutes, and the storytellers perform on a small stage not far from the main promenade.
Joyful! A Celebration of the Season
At the center of the park, is a stage near the lagoon. Here you will find Joyful! A Celebration of the Season. This Gospel-inspired musical performance is sure to lift your spirits.
Checking out a performance of Joyful! A Celebration of the Season before you embark on your festive journey around World Showcase is a great way to put a pep in your step.
Showtimes are usually at 1:15 pm, 2:20 pm, 3:25 pm, and 4:30 pm. Just know there is not much shade near the stage.
Indulge in the flavors of the season with scrumptious bites and decadent desserts at the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth. Many booths have favorite flavors returning this year. And a few new tastes have debuted in 2022.
Grab a festival guide when you arrive so you can plan out your stops. Or browse the menus from the comfort of your own home.
If you find a holiday taste that reminds you of home let your sweetheart know. See if they have their own favorite. Then enjoy discovering new favorites together.
The Candlelight Processional is the hallmark of entertainment at EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Presented by AdventHealth.
It features a live orchestra, the incredible vocal choir Voices of Liberty, and a larger choir comprised of Disney Cast Members. Each night a celebrity narrator shares the biblical story of Christmas. It's a beautiful show.
The 2022 lineup of celebrity narrators:
- 11/25 – 11/26: Simu Liu (NEW)
- 11/27 – 11/29: Edward James Olmos
- 11/30 – 12/1: Raul Esparza (NEW)
- 12/2 – 12/3: Whoopi Goldberg
- 12/4 – 12/6: Isabella Rossellini
- 12/7 – 12/9: Daymond John (NEW)
- 12/10 – 12/12: Josh Gad (NEW)
- 12/13 – 12/14: Gloria Estefan (NEW)
- 12/15 – 12/18: Neil Patrick Harris
- 12/19 – 12/20: Mariska Hargitay (NEW)
- 12/21 – 12/23: Cal Ripken Jr.
- 12/24 – 12/26: Marie Osmond
- 12/27 – 12/28: Courtney Vance
- 12/29 – 12/30: Angela Bassett
Tips and Reminders
- Be sure to make your park pass reservation as soon as possible.
- The closer it gets to Christmas Day the busier the theme parks get.
- Take a look at show times at the beginning of your visit so you don’t miss the Holiday Storytellers or performances you wish to see.
- You can view show times and other information in the My Disney Experience app.
- In the interest of healthy holidays, don’t forget to wear sunscreen and stay hydrated.