Get your appetites ready! The 2023 International Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT dates are July 27, 2023 all the way to November 18, 2023! That's nearly four months of your chance to eat and drink your way around the world. But there's only so much time and money so we've put together this list of our favorite 15 eats and drinks at Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2023 that are perfect for couples and romantic sharing.
We've updated our selections for 2023, and included new beverage flights, including a sangria flight!
2023 update written by Dani Meyering
Top Eats and Drinks for Couples
- Fry Flight 3 sharable portions of gourmet fries: Salt and Vinegar, BBQ Bacon, and Sweet Potato Casserole – (The Fry Basket, near Test Track $7.50)
- Stone Brewing Buenaveza Salt & Lime Lager, San Diego, CA goes perfectly with the Fry Flight – (The Fry Basket, near Test Track $5.50 for a 6oz pour and $9.50 for a 12oz pour)
- Orange-Cardamom Wings (NEW) (Brew-Wing Odyssey Building – price $7.50)
- Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Alpine Ham, Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette – (The Alps Booth, near Germany $5.50)
- “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon wtih mushrooms, Boursin Black Truffle & Sea Salt mashed potatoes (Canada Booth $9.75)
- Chicken Tikka Masala with Fennel-spiced Yogurt and Naan Bread (India Booth – near China $6.25)
- Beer-braised Beef served with smoked gouda mashed potatoes (Belgium Booth near Morocco $6)
- Stone-baked Moroccan Bread with hummus, chermoula, and Zhoug dips – (Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina $5.00)
- Pistachio Cake with cinnamon pastry cream and candied walnuts – (Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina $4.75)
- Greek Wine Flight Mylonas Assyrtiko White Wine, Zoe Rosé, Kir-Yianni Naoussa Xinomavro Dry (Greece Booth near Japan $7.50)
- Charcuterie a selection of imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses, Olives, and Vinaigrette served in a cup for walking and sharing (Spain Booth near Germany $6.50)
- Taco de Costilla (NEW) with Slow-braised Beef Short Rib on a Corn Tortilla with Salsa de Chile Morita, Avocado Mousse and Spring Onions (Mexico Booth $8.00)
- Trouble in Paradise Margarita: (NEW) Ilegal Mezcal, Watermelon Liqueur, Rosé Wine, Lime Juice and Agave with a Chili-Lime Powder Rim (Mexico Booth $12.50)
- Focaccia Ripiena (NEW) Freshly Baked Focaccia, Beef Meatballs, Tomato Sauce and Burrata Cheese (Italy Booth – $9.00)
- ByeJoe Punch: Chinese baijiu spirit, piña colada mix, and lychee (China Booth $13.00): this classic drink used to be served year-round at the Joy of Tea, but is now only available during select Epcot festivals. Get it while you can, but be warned: it’s deceptively strong!
All the food and drinks above are confirmed and on the menu for 2023.
What's with the Pickle Milkshake?
Yes, there is a pickle milkshake at the Brew-Lab at The Odyssey. This year Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker are featured in this pavilion. Besides a variety of tasty wings, plus craft beer and cider, there is a pickle milkshake.
“Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker wanted to try some experiments and after many trials the result is a unexpected flavor combination that is compelling, memorable, and fun” – Will Dasso, Guest Service Manager at EPCOT
We tried this creation during a media preview, and it is a fun treat if you're into something unique. Flavors of dill and cucumber blend with a sweet vanilla flavor. There is nothing salty or briney about it.
Highlights of our best eats and drinks at EPCOT Food and Wine Festival include the Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese because it reminds us of fondue and is fun to share together. The Beer-braised Beef in Belgium is not photogenic but the flavors are phenomenal and comforting.
The Stone-baked Moroccan Bread is a great snack at just $5.00. It is easily shared and you can watch them pull it out of the oven so you know it is fresh. The Pistachio Cake is a fantastic dessert because it is not overly sweet.
Additional Booths Open August 15 and September 22
There are multiple booths that open later. Some booths open on August 15, and even more on September 22.
- Hawaii – Available August 15, 2023
- The Noodle Exchange – Available August 15, 2023
- Bubbles & Brine – Available September 22, 2023
- Char & Chop – Available September 22, 2023
- Wine & Wedge – Available September 22, 2023
- Swirled Showcase – September 22, 2023
We cannot wait to try Bubbles & Brine – Available September 22, 2023 with Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail with Prosecco Cocktail Sauce and Grilled Lemon (NEW) and King Crab and Avocado Timbale with Petite Lettuces and Lemon-marinated Hearts of Palm with Champagne Cream and Sparkling Rosé Sauce (NEW).
Take a look at the EPCOT 2023 Food and Wine Festival Map below and start your planning! More festival highlights like beverage flights and a food crawl are below as well.
Beer Flights, Wine Flights, and More
One of the most fun things to do at the festival is order a flight or two and share it. There's just something so great about sharing a flight and trying a few samples together. There are multiple eats and drinks at EPCOT Food and Wine Festival 2023 that can be enjoyed as flights.
Here are all the festival flights and the booths at which to find them:
- Mimosa Flight at Shimmering Sips (near Port of Entry)
- Belgium Beer Flight at Belgium Booth (between France and Morocco)
- Cider Flight at Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina
- Greek Wine Flight at Greece Booth (between Morocco and Japan)
- NEW Sangria Flight at Spain Booth (between Italy and Germany)
- German Beer Flight at Germany Booth (at Germany Pavilion)
- Beer and Cider Flights at Brew-Wing at The Odyssey building
- French Fry Flight at The Fry Basket (near Test Track)
- Wine Flight at Wine and Wedge, Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese, Mosel, Hartley Apple Brandy, Kentucky, Florida Orange Groves Winery Black and Blue Port, St. Petersburg, FL
- Beer Flight at Char & Chop, (opens in September), Krombacher Pilsner, Kreuztal, Germany, North Coast Laguna Baja Vienna Lager, Fort Bragg, CA, Motorworks Brewing Midnight Espresso Coffee Porter, Bradenton, FL
By the way, there is a new alocohol-removed wine at the Germany booth, Dr. Lo Alcohol-Removed Riesling.
The Greek Wine Flight is one of our best Eats and Drinks at EPCOT Food and Wine Festival because it runs the full spectrum. You get one white, one rose, and one red. It's a visually pleasing flight and tastes fantastic.
Each wine is robust and showcases the wines of Greece beautifully with a sampling of Mylonas Assyrtiko White Wine, Zoe Rosé, Kir-Yianni Naoussa Xinomavro Dry Red. And at $7.50 it's a fairly affordable option.
The Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina is a great spot for couples because it is one of the only places for eats and drinks at EPCOT Food and Wine Festival that is completely indoors. Relax at a table inside and let the exotic music and decor wash over you. The Cider Flight is a special treat because it has three distinct flavors. Enjoy a tasting of 3 Daughters Brewing Fig Hard Cider, Bold Rock Ginger Turmeric Hard Cider, and Stem Ciders Hibiscus Session Hard Apple Cider.
The Fry Flight
The breakout hit of last year's Disney Food and Wine Festival returns! The Fry Flight at the Fry Basket seems a little casual to be one of this year's best eats and drinks at EPCOT Food and Wine Festival. And yet, it easily satisfies and is perfectly sharable.
The Salt and Vinegar flavor is not strong at all – just enough. The BBQ Bacon flavor tasted like BBQ potato chips that had magically become French fries. And the Sweet Potato Casserole makes for a perfect little dessert at the end.
Another fun way to play with your food is embarking on an official food crawl.
Purchase five delicious eats, noted on the booth menus and the Festival Passport with a cheese icon. Each time you order one of these official cheese-centric food items make sure you get your Festival Passport stamped, and hang onto your receipt.
Once you've purchased and nibbled on these five cheesy treats here to the Shimmering Sips booth near the center of the park, Port of Entry. At the Shimmering Sips booth show your completed Emile's Fromage Montage stamps for your FREE treat.
It's such a fun way to enjoy the Disney Food and Wine Festival 2023.
There are multiple eligible items, and you only need to purchase 5 of them to earn the free treat.
- The Alps: Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese: go for raclette with classic baby potatoes, cornichons, and baguette with or without alpine ham. Pair it with a wine flight or frozen rosé
- Canada: Canadian Cheddar and Bacon Soup served with a pretzel roll ($6.00)
- Greece: Griddled Cheese with pistachios and honey ($5.00)
- Wine and Wedge (near Disney Traders): Assorted Artisanal Cheese (Price TBD), Boursin Fig and Balsamic Souffle (Price TBD), and Southern Pimento Cheese with Bread and Butter Pickled Veggies and Grilled Bread (Price TBD)
- Flavors from Fire (near Test Track): Smoked Corned Beef with chips and beer cheese ($6.50)
- India: Curry Spiced Crispy Cheese with Mango-Curry Ketchup ($5.25)
- Germany: Schinkennudeln (Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions, and Cheese – $5.00)
- Brazil: Pão de Queijo (cheese bread – $5.00)
- Opens August 15th: Hawai’i: Passion Fruit Cheesecake with toasted macadamia nuts ($4.75)
- Spain: Charcuterie with a selection of imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses, Olives and an Herbed Serrano Vinaigrette ($6.50)
New Wine and Wedge opens September 22, 2023
- Assorted Artisanal Cheeses and Accompaniments (New) (Emile’s Fromage Montage)
- Boursin Fig & Balsamic Soufflé with fig tapenade (New) (Emile’s Fromage Montage)
- Southern Pimento Cheese with bread-and-butter pickled vegetables and grilled bread (New) (Emile’s Fromage Montage)
There are so many booths with plentiful eats and drinks at EPCOT Food and Wine Festival this year. And the festival runs all the way until November 18, 2023. There's plenty of time to explore, and we'll be back with more tips and recommendations.