Get ready to rock those '90s vibes! It's time to dust off your flannels, perfect your scrunchies, and give your jeans a tight roll – because 90s Con 2023 is hitting Tampa Bay this September! If you're up for a road trip, you won't want to miss out on this epic event that's going to be totally tubular.
From September 15th to 17th, 2023, the Tampa Convention Center will be the place to be for all you '90s aficionados. Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic sitcoms, iconic movies, or the pop culture of that rad era, this is the ultimate experience you've been waiting for. Ever fantasized about meeting your favorite TGIF families or snagging a selfie with a boy band heartthrob? Well, here's your ultimate guide to making your way to 90s Con Tampa Bay.
We've got you covered with parking info, celebrity appearances, and more!
How to Experience 90s Con in Tampa Bay
Tampa Convention Center
333 S. Franklin St, Tampa, FL 33602
- Friday, September 15: 4pm-8pm
- Saturday, September 16: 10am-6pm
- Sunday, September 17: 10am-5pm
Remember those glorious Friday nights when you'd tune in to TGIF and hang out with your favorite sitcom families like Full House, Family Matters, and Boy Meets World? Or perhaps you daydreamed about casting spells à la Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
The beauty of '90s TV was the emphasis on friendship and family, which made us feel like we were catching up with old pals rather than just watching actors on screen. But here's the real twist: those '90s shows have come full circle to capture the hearts of new generations. Whether it's the reboots of Boy Meets World, Full House, or Beverly Hills 90210, these shows continue to entertain both the OG fans and the newcomers.
Who's on the Guest List?
This year's guest lineup is dripping with nostalgia! Brace yourselves for appearances from:
- 90210 crew: Shannen Doherty, Tori Spelling, Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth, Brian Austin Green, Ian Ziering, and Gabrielle Carteris
- Boy Meets World cast: Danielle Fishel, Rider Strong, Will Friedle, Trina McGee, Matthew Lawrence, William Daniels, Bonnie Bartlett Daniels, Betsy Randle, Anthony Tyler Quinn, and Lee Norris
- Charmed: Holly Marie Combs and Rose McGowen
- Family Matters fam: Reginald VelJohnson, Jo Marie Payton, and Kellie Williams
- The Full House crew: Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin, Andrea Barber, Dave Coulier, Scott Weinger, and Jeff Franklin
- Halloweentown's own Kimberly J. Brown and Daniel Kountz
- Sabrina, the Teenage Witch with Melissa Joan Hart, Caroline Rhea, Beth Broderick, Nick Bakay, Jenna Leigh Green, and Nate Richert
- Saved By the Bell favorites: Mario Lopez, Mark Paul Gossellar, and Elizabeth Berkley
- The Wonder Years' Winnie, Danica McKellar
- The Goofy Movie's Jim Cummings
- '90s Music icons: Nick Carter., Howie Dorough, and AJ McLean from Backstreet Boys, Joey Fatone from *NSYNC, and T-Boz and Chilli from TLC
- Disney Princesses: Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O'Hara (Belle), Linda Larkin (Jasmine), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas), and Susan Egan (Meg).
From our sister site, Tampa Bay Parenting: Paige O'Hara & Linda Larkin on Disney Princesses and 90s Con
Meet and greets are included with general admission tickets. However, if you're aiming for selfies, autographs, and those coveted photo ops, these are sold separately.
Professional photo op schedule can be found here.
Schedule of Events
90s Cosplay Contest
When: Saturday, September 16 at 2:00 pm
The 90s Cosplay Contest is the ultimate fashion event on this side of the millennium! Strut your stuff in front of celebrity judges in your flyest 90s style for a chance to win cash and prizes. Contestants can enter solo or as a group. First prize – $500, second prize – $250, and third prize – $100. Advance registration is required.
Saturday tickets are SOLD OUT as of August 31, 2023. If you do not yet have a Saturday ticket, do not register for the Cosplay contest. You must have a ticket for Saturday to participate.
To register and for official contest rules, visit the 90s Con Website.
Official After Party Featuring Nick Carter
When: Saturday, September 16 at 8:00 pm
Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter will be performing an exclusive acoustic performance. A limited VIP meet and greet will be available followed by a 90s dance party featuring DJ Tre at 9:30 pm. This is a separate ticketed event from 90s Con.
90s Con Q&A Panels
Friday, September 15:
Creative Panel Stage:
5:30 pm: Clinton Hobart: Live Art Demonstration
6:30 pm: 90s Trivia
Saturday, September 16
11:00 am: Reginald VelJohnson, Jo Marie Payton, Kellie Williams
12:00 pm: Melissa Joan Hart, Caroline Rhea, Beth Broderick, Jenna Leigh Green, Nate Richert, Nick Bakay
1:00 pm: Jodi Benson, Paige O'Hara, Linda Larkin, Susan Egan, Judy Kuhn, Jim Cummings
3:00 pm: Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin, Dave Coulier, Andrea Barber, Scott Weigner, Jeff Franklin
4:00 pm: Danielle Fishell, Rider Strong, Will Friedle, William Daniels, Trina McGee, Matthew Lawrence, Betsey Randle, Bonnie Bartlett, Anthony Tyler Quinn, Lee Norris
Creative Panel Stage:
12:30 pm: Steven and Lily Butler: Creating Comic Characters
1:30 pm: 90s Trivia
2:30 pm: Clinton Hobart: Live Art Demonstration
3:30 pm: Guy Gilchrist: The Muppets and Me
4:30 pm: Danica McKellar: From Actor to Author
Sunday, September 17:
11:00 am: Kimberly J. Brown, Daniel Kountz
12:00 pm: Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Elizabeth Berkley, Mario Lopez
1:00 pm: TLC (Chili and T-Boz), AJ McLean, Howie Dorough, Joey Fatone
2:00 pm: Holly Marie Combs, Rose McGowan
3:00 pm: Shannen Doherty, Tori Spelling, Jennie Garth, Gabrielle Carteris, Jason Priestly, Ian Ziering, Brian Austin Green
Creative Panel Stage:
12:30 pm: Steven Butler: Drawing for Kids
1:30 pm: 90s Trivia
2:30 pm: Clinton Hobart: Live Art Demonstration (One lucky winner will receive the original art piece that Clinton will be painting during the show!)
Tickets are up for grabs online and you can snag them at the following prices:
- Friday Pass: $40
- Saturday Pass: $60 SOLD OUT
- Sunday Pass: $60
- Lanyard: $10 (for your badge, no ticket included) SOLD OUT
Weekend and VIP passes are currently as scarce as pogs, but keep your eyes peeled in case more become available. Kids' passes are also on the table, ranging from $10 to $15.
Remember, selfies, autographs, and photo ops are sold separately. Photo ops can be purchased in advance online and includes a digital download. Selfies and autographs require good old cash at the artist's table. Don't forget to peep the event's website for the deets on individual artist pricing.
Parking for 90's Con
Getting to the Tampa Convention Center from Orlando will take a bit of a road trip, but there lots of parking options. There are multiple garages and lots nearby, ensuring you won't be stuck in a pickle when it comes to parking.
Check out these spots:
– TCC Garage: 141 E. Brorein Street, 454 total spaces, 2 Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, Event Rate: $5.00 to $50.00
– Pam Iorio Garage: 301 Channelside Drive, 790 total spaces, 2 electric vehicle charging stations, Event Rate: $5.00 to $50.00
– Fort Brooke Garage: 107 N. Franklin Street, 556 hourly spaces, $5.00 to $50.00
– Selmon Expressway West Parking Lot: 107 N. Franklin Street, 556 hourly spaces, $5.00 to $50.00
– William F. Poe Garage: 802 N. Ashley Drive, 932 total spaces, $5.00 to $50.00
90's Con Hotels
Looking to make the most of this '90s nostalgia trip? A bunch of downtown hotels are offering special rates for convention-goers. Check out this link to find and book a hotel – hurry, though, because tickets and hotel rooms are vanishing faster than slap bracelets! Most hotels are just a short stroll or a quick drive away from the Convention Center.
And hey, if you're really in the mood to immerse yourself in '90s vibes, you've gotta hit up GenX Tavern! This awesome retro-themed restaurant and bar with tons of 80's and 90's toys and games. You'll also be near Tampa Riverwalk with lots of great places to eat nearby. It's going to be a totally awesome weekend!